VEGAN BERRY MUFFINS

Hello flowers! I always loved berries. In pies, in juices, ice cream (in my non-vegan days). Sadly, here in Greece is really hard to f...

Hello flowers!

I always loved berries. In pies, in juices, ice cream (in my non-vegan days). Sadly, here in Greece is really hard to find them, and when you do they are frozen and overpriced.  So when I saw a discount at a supermarket for fresh berries I knew I had to grab some. Well they were still overpriced but I just wanted to make a recipe that was floating in my mind for days, vegan berry muffins!  I think they are perfect for breakfast, one bunch lasted me one week. I just ate one with some tea or juice for breakfast. So let’s go make them!



YOU WILL NEED

2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
2  tbsp brown sugar
2 cups self rising flour (if you use all purpose just add 1 tsp baking powder)
2 cups non diary milk (TIP: I’ve tried soy and almond and for me soy milk work better)
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp flax seed mixed with 4 tbsp water


INSTUCTIONS

  •  First of all, you have to make the berry jam so it can cool off.  In a pot, put the mixed berries, the 2 tbsp sugar and some water and slowly smash the berries with a fork and let it sit over medium heat for 10 minutes. Once the time has elapsed just let it sit aside.

  • Mix the flax with the 4 tbsp water and let it sit in the fridge for 5 minutes until it thickens.
  •  So let’s move on to the butter. Mix the milk, the sugar and the maple syrup, and once the flax is thick mix it with the rest wet ingredients. After you’ve mixed all the wet ingredients pour the flour little at a time and the butter is ready!
  •   Now there are two options: You can either pour two tbsp of the berry jam in the butter or mix so the muffins can have a uniform color or you can just pour the mixture in a muffin cup and then pour some jam on top and make cute lines with a toothpick.
  •  Bake at 200oC for 25-30 minutes.
     TIP #1: I uce plastic muffin molds to bake them because they are super easy to take out and to clean. 
     TIP #2: You can mix some lemon juice with powder sugar for icing and top the muffins for extra flavor!



And you are done! It’s really easy, quick and I hope you liked it! 

If you try this recipe, let me know by tagging me on Instagram! You can find all of my social media information around my blog, or in the about section!

Thank you so much for reading my blog, if you have any questions or 
suggestions feel free to comment down below!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Got any question? Comment down below and I will be happy to answer!

Flickr Images