Tips for Perfect Oven Baked Potato Fries

Hello flowers! Oven baked potato fries are popular in the vegan world and when I first saw them I wanted to try them really bad! But m...

Hello flowers!

Oven baked potato fries are popular in the vegan world and when I first saw them I wanted to try them really bad! But my first attempts were MAGURE fails! So after one or two (or 100) tries I finally got it right and they were amazing. I thought I could share with you my tips on how to get the perfect oven baked potato fries so won’t have any fails like me!

CUTTING THE POTATOS

A lot of people don’t like eating the skin so feel free to remove it, but I think it tastes amazing. I just wash my potatoes really well with soap before cutting them! After that, I cut them vertically in pig chunks as sown in the first picture. After that, I take each individual piece and cut that into the classic potato fry shape. 
I find this is the easiest way to cut a shape that will bake properly in the oven. Plus you get these small ones with a lot of skin that get crispy and so delicious, they are my favorites!

SEASONING

After you’ve cut your fries, put them into a bowl and add your favorite spices. I use turmeric, cayenne pepper, black pepper, oregano, Himalayan salt, sunflower oil and a splash of soy sauce. 
Sometimes I make them spicier, sometimes I add more soy sauce, it depends if I’m sharing with my family. They really don’t like spicy foods so I don’t add cayenne pepper. But the two ingredients I never forger are oregano and Himalayan salt. Trust me, even if you don’t like oregano just put a tiny bit in. It makes the fries just out of this world.

BAKING

 And now for the important part. You have to use a shallow tray, lined with parchment paper. If you use a deeper tray the fries might get soggy. 
Then you need to be careful with the placement. The fries must not touch each other or else they get soggy or they get stuck in the parchment paper (yea that can happen).  
Bake them at 200oC until they have brown/red spots on them. That’s when you know your potato fries are baked to perfection!

ADDITIONAL TIPS

  • Don’t get tempted and mix the seasoning and the fries on the parchment paper so you don’t have to clean an extra bowl. The parchment paper sucks up the extra oil or any type of sauce you want to put in and this makes your fries stick at the paper like you’ve put glue in them. (Done that, been there!)
  • Sweet potato fries are the same, but sometimes you have to bake them more if you want them to be a little more crunchy.  



If you make some fries, let me know by tagging me on Instagram! You can find all of my social media information around my blog, or in the about section!


Thank you so much for reading my blog, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to comment down below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Got any question? Comment down below and I will be happy to answer!

Flickr Images