WHAT I LEARNED FROM MY FIRST JOB

Hello flowers. Your first job experience is always scary. You don’t know what to do, you are anxious because you want to do well and d...

Hello flowers.

Your first job experience is always scary. You don’t know what to do, you are anxious because you want to do well and don’t disappoint your boss. But it’s a really important experience and you can learn a lot from it, like how the market works or you can discover what profession you want to follow.  Today I will be sharing with you my story and what I learned from my first job.


BACKSTORY


My first job was in a café/ beach bar in my hometown. My father found this job for me, because I live in a really small town and it’s had to find places to work. I was almost 18 at the time and my job was to clean the glasses and help on whatever work would come up.  I was working 2-3 times a week, mostly at the weekends, from 10 PM to 6 or 7 AM. For me it was hard because I was standing up all night and the loud music was a pain for my head.  

PROS AND CONS

The good think was obviously the earnings. I was still living with my parents (and I still do for at least 2 more months) and it was a financial relief for my father because I could afford my expenses.  I also got to learn how to behave more like an adult and more professionally, something really beneficial for me because I would find myself in situations where I would let older people than me insult me or do wrong by me just because they were older, something that was stuck with me from school.

The cons from that particular job and much more than I could admit.  First of all, I was out of place. I hated clubs and I still do, I hate the music and the overall style. I was feeling uneasy every time I was working and this would translate to stress and luck of sleep. I was the younger one of the workers in the café/beach bar and everyone would look at me as a child, so when I was done with work ( there were time during the night that all the glasses were clean or out for use) and I would just sit alone with my phone  in the back of the café.

WHAT I LEARNED

  • First of all, I learned to be patient. I wasn’t there to have fun, I was there to work.
  • I socialized as much the work could let us with my co-workers.
  • I learned to value every single euro that comes to my hands.
  • I stopped having huge expectations from my parents because I knew how hard it was to make an income.


TIPS


If you can get a part time job at a young age I encourage you to go for it. You grow as a person, you make some extra money for things you want to buy or to help a bit in the house. And  you get some experience in market, it’s the best of both worlds.  Just look for something you enjoy doing and go at full speed! 

Thank you so much for reading my blog, if you have any questions or 

suggestions feel free to comment down below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Got any question? Comment down below and I will be happy to answer!

Flickr Images