Be Kind. It costs NOTHING.

I wanted to share this story with you because I wanted to pass through this message: BE KIND. IT COSTS NOTHING. I was at the metro stati...

I wanted to share this story with you because I wanted to pass through this message: BE KIND. IT COSTS NOTHING.
I was at the metro station at Athens (Syntagma) and I noticed a man dressed like a Buddhist monk talking to people. I got really interested in him because I find Buddhism really intriguing and I watched him as I was waiting for the train to arrive. (I didn’t know if he really was a monk at the time.)

After everyone got into the metro he approached me and 3 other ladies that were sitting near me. I didn’t see him at first because I was looking at my phone and listening to music, but he was talking with one of the three ladies and from what I got he was at a monastery at Italy (he was Greek) and he was selling a book witch details I didn’t catch because he said it before I took out my earphones.  He said this book will help you to never get angry again and he smiled. Then he asks the lady he was talking with a sec ago to remind him her name. She said her name and then he ask me and the other too ladies for our names. I told him mine but everyone else was silent. He asked the lady next to me and she didn’t even look at him, she just told him her name in the angriest and meanest way, like saying go away. The other woman refused to tell him her name and the first lady stood up to buy his book and they moved further from us.

This is where my thoughts come in. I don’t know if he was a scam or an actual monk. I know that things in Greece are going to hell and no one is in the mood for some random guy trying to sell them a book after a really long day. But take in mind this: why be mad and angry? Why feel yourself with more anger and hate when you have some many problems to deal with? They guy was super nice, when I told him I couldn’t buy his book because I didn’t have the money he didn’t say please this will help us or something like that. He simply said its ok don’t worry.  Why don’t say your name? It’s not like you need to say your full name where you will what you and he will come robe you. It’s just a name. He will never see you again. Be kind. It costs NOTHING. He spread smiles and happiness, why not do the same?

This world needs more kind and compassioned people.  The next time you get angry at someone and you are about to say something hurtful or mean, take a deep breath and think: would you like to be treated this way? Would you like your loved ones to be treated this way? 

Be kind. It costs nothing. 

Thank you guys for reading this short random story of mine!

I will see you around! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Got any question? Comment down below and I will be happy to answer!

Flickr Images