Simple Vegan Granola Recipe

Hello flowers! Recently I’ve been loving granola for breakfast, but here in Greece all the brands are over expensive or they have some k...

Hello flowers!
Recently I’ve been loving granola for breakfast, but here in Greece all the brands are over expensive or they have some kind of animal product (honey, milk etc.) So I tried making my own granola! And I got to say it worked out perfectly! I had all the ingredients at home, but even if I went out to buy the stuff I needed it would be the same amount of money for five times the amount of product they offer at the grocery store!  And I think it’s healthier that ones you buy ready. So let’s make it!  

Make sure to also check out the video i make on my YouTube channel about the recipe in the end of this post! 



                              
YOU WILL NEED
1 ½ cups oats
½ cup flax seeds (I prefer the grounded ones)
½ cup shredded coconut
½ bananas, mashed
½ cup any kind of vegan syrup or maple syrup (I used both)
A handful of vegan chocolate chips
A handful of dried grapes
3-4 dates cut into small pieces.



INSTRUCTIONS
  • Place all the dry ingredients (oats, flax seeds, shredded coconut) into a bowl and mix.

  • Then add the wet ingredients (mashed banana, vegan syrup of your choice) and mix until all the oats and seeds have been incorporated with the banana and the syrup. Basically you don’t want any dry spots. *It’s best if there are a few big pieces (most of the time shaped like a sphere) rather than small ones. That way your granola tastes better and doesn’t get burned into the oven. *

  • Put the mixture into a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 200oC for 10 minutes, or until your granola is golden.  Make sure you poke the big pieces with a toothpick before removing from the oven. You don’t want any super soft chucks.
  • After the granola is nice and golden, let it cool for a few minutes. After it’s room temperature, mix in the chocolate and the dried fruit.







Your amazing, homemade granola is now ready! I prefer keeping it at the fridge, inside a jar. I suggest eating it within a week or so, because it doesn’t have any preservatives and it can get bad quickly. 

If you try this recipe make sure to tag me at Instagram! You can find all my social media link in the About section.

Thank you so much for reading my blog, if you have any questions or suggestion make sure to leave a comment down below! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Got any question? Comment down below and I will be happy to answer!

Flickr Images